Friday, December 4, 2009

Nothing like waiting until the last minute...

It was August 20th. 8 days before THE big day. 8 days before we would be sharing our special day with 25 of our closest family and friends. One problem: we had no idea where we would be saying "I Do".

Yep, that's right, we had no clue where we were going to have the wedding one week before the big day. We knew we wanted to have it somewhere in Rocky Mountain National Park but we just had to pick the perfect spot. The lovely park rangers gave us a list of about 20 spots that we would be allowed to use for the ceremony. Bobby wanted to look at about 3 of them and choose, I wanted to look at all 20. Twice.

We got in the car, took the 90 minute drive to discuss our plans and there we were. Spot number 1, then 2, then 3...all the way to 20. After 8 hours of searching, we had our wedding spot. We headed home and that was it!

Not so much. I woke up the next day and completely changed my mind about the spot. Something just didn't feel right. We then drove back to the park to check out the 2 spots that we liked and the new decision was made.

I am so happy that Bobby was so willing to give me exactly what I wanted for our wedding day! I couldn't be happier with the spot that we picked!

Here are a few pictures from our actual wedding location and a few other possible spots.

This one just didn't do it for me. No grass, no water, no go.

This lake was where we originally thought we would have the ceremony.

Patient, patient Bobby

One of the first spots we chose

The view from the first spot

The "aisle" that I walked down to meet my groom

The actual wedding spot!
"Hey, take my picture - see how I look on this rock"

Perfection!
Never in a million years did I think that we would be having our wedding in Colorado. Never in a million years did I think that it would be so perfect!


1 comments:

Sara B said...

Your pictures are so beautiful! I have kind of been behind on all that has been going on and how everything went, but I can't wait to hear more and see pictures!