Sunday, November 9, 2008

Bye Bye Bye DC...

I looked at Bobby tonight while eating our last meal (Chinese delivery) in our cute little apartment and said, "this is it...our last night here." I actually cannot believe it. I can honestly say that I am now more ready than EVER! We have been living with an apartment full of boxes for 48 hours, and that is about 48 hours too long.

We will be stopping in Pittsburgh for three days and then we hit the road, full speed ahead. DC was fun for a few years (3.5 for me, 7 for Bobby) but it is time to move on. It is time to start our new life in our new home. A home that we can actually paint, update the bathrooms, have our own walls, a garage and a backyard!

I knew today was a good day when our "landlord" came by to give us back our deposit. He said that he put it into an account where it could gain interest so I was excited to see what we would get back...then tension was mounting when he brought out his checkbook and then it all went downhill. I think he mumbled something about not getting a full 1%...1%?! Let's just say that we didn't even get an extra Andrew Jackson...so sad.

I must get back to packing...yes, packing. I feel that I need a new outfit for each of the days while we sit in the car for 7 hours. I also need several pairs of shoes because I am not sure of the weather in each part of the country. I want to be prepared for the rain, the sun, the wind, and the snow...snow? let's hope not!

Here is our apartment full of boxes...oh my.


3 comments:

Sara B said...

All I have to say is, Oh the Moyer Brothers boxes. What memories :)

Meg said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Meg said...

We were SOOOO happy to get out of that box filled apartment!!!!